For app users
The Android app requires at least Android 8.0 and the iOS app requires at least iOS 15.2.
For WSC website administrators
- First go to your ACP under Install package and search for "WSC-Connect". Then install the latest version of the plugin.
- Now register at wsc-connect.com and then click on "Register your WSC app" at the top of the page
- In the second step, you will be asked to enter all the necessary app data
- App ID and app secret will be generated automatically later, you don't need to enter anything here
- The URL and API URL are particularly important. You can find the API URL in the ACP under Options -> WSC-Connect in the description of the app ID. (The closing slash ("/") is best left out.
- Your app ID and app secret are displayed in the next step
- Now enter this in the ACP under Options -> WSC-Connect
- Done: You can now manage your app at wsc-connect.com under "My apps"
- Now you can open the new app and search for your website under "Apps" Make sure that at least version 2.0.1 of the app is installed
- After clicking on your app, you can log in with your site's login details.
- You will then be forwarded directly to the start page and will immediately receive push notifications directly on your smartphone
If you have already used WSC-Connect in the past and would like to switch to the new app, proceed as follows:
- Register at wsc-connect.com and then click on "Apps" at the top.
- Click the "Connect existing app" button at the top.
- Enter your login details from the old dashboard (email address and app secret) and then select a suitable category.
- After clicking on "Connect now", your old app is connected to the new dashboard
- You will then be redirected to the app form. Here you can check the data and edit it if necessary.
- The new app requires an app logo. Please upload this and click on Submit.
- Now go to your ACP and make sure that the "WSC-Connect" plugin has been updated to the latest version.
- Now you can open the new app and search for your website under "Apps". Make sure that at least version 2.0.1 of the app is installed.
- After clicking on your app, you can log in with your website login details. You will then be forwarded directly to the start page and will immediately receive push notifications directly on your smartphone.
- Open "My apps" on wsc-connect.com, move the mouse over the desired app and click on the edit icon
- At the top right you will find the "Push messages" button, where you can see all manually sent pushes.
- Now click on Send new push message at the top right
- Here you can enter the title and content for the push.
- After clicking on "Send", the push is sent directly to all connected smartphones
The plugin for connecting to your WoltLab Suite can be found in the WoltLab Plugin Store.
At least version 5.5.11 of WoltLab Suite Core is required to install the plugin. Of course, the plugin is also compatible with the new version 6.0.